Monday, June 4, 2007

Me Tube

by Larry Doyle

This is the last leg of my gigantic fabulous book tour, which comes to end for all practical purposes this Friday in Corte Madera (1 p.m.! Take a long lunch! Quit your job!). I wouldn't have thought traveling the country talking about myself would become wearying, but there you have it.

I miss my family. I don't know how traveling salesmen do it. But I suppose that's what I am, at least this month.

Today I was going to discuss this fascinating theory I have about Hilary Clinton and the Kennedy Assassination, but instead I'm going to share with you something I received yesterday that is so mind-blowing it has changed my perception of reality.

It's my first fan video.

I cannot describe to you how much this video terrifies me. Others who have seen it describe it as sweet and funny, but I haven't been able to watch it all the way through. I enjoy praise as much as the next narcissist, but there is something in the goofy intensity of this young man that brings on a blush and a turn of the eyes.

Here's what I think it is: had the technology been available, this could have been me.

No comments: