Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Traveling Sola: Tips for Wandering Women

by Stephanie Elizondo Griest

Hola, beautiful people!

Many thanks for logging in to Book Passage's cool new blog. I am writing this from my hometown of Corpus Christi, Texas, where I'm catching my breath amidst a 17-city book tour for my new guidebook, "100 Places Every Woman Should Go." I finished the East Coast leg last week, and am heading out to the West Coast on Friday.

I am psyched about my visit to Book Passage this Saturday at 2 p.m. I'll be holding a free workshop called "Traveling Sola: Tips for Wandering Women." Here's a little description:

Got wanderlust? This workshop covers everything a woman needs to know before hitting the road, including how to: pack, haggle, fend off parasites (and sketchy men), handle culture shock, and avoid getting tossed off Trans-Siberian trains for not having your papers in order. You'll also learn about the world's most "women friendly" destinations.

Men are welcome too (provided you don't mind hearing about places like the 'Museum of Menstruation')!

I look forward to talking travel, travel writing, and the open road with all of you.

Mil gracias y saludos,
Stephanie Elizondo Griest
Author of "Around the Bloc: My Life in Moscow, Beijing, and Havana"
and "100 Places Every Woman Should Go"
www.aroundthebloc.com

No comments: